Wednesday, February 24, 2010

what not to wear

I have recently become addicted to the tlc series, what not to wear. Mostly because I feel as if I could be a candidate for the show. I love any makeover show but this one allows the poor unsuspecting fashion train wreck to be bashed by her loved ones and then placed in the 360 mirror while the stars of the show point out all the flaws. Its rather brutal but in the end there is always a happy made-over woman gushing about how it changed her life. I think for 5 thousand dollars worth of new duds I could take the criticism. My lifelong pal Michaela and I discussed the fact that maybe I wouldnt be picked due to lack of interesting wardrobe on my part, or lack of quirky personality traits... I am not a witch..that was recently aired- and I do not usually rock the plaid mini skirt with thigh high boots. I am however realizing more and more that I am rather boring with my clothing. My mom says, "Nat you should wear color, you wear too much grey and black." So I decided to access the situation. I did just have a baby so the choices are limited- I open my closet and there before me are 5 pairs of too tight jeans, an array of black tshirts, a brown northface jacket, uggs, running shoes, clarks and 3 pairs of heels. Thats right you heard me 3 pairs of heels. I am told that most women are addicted to shoes but my closet shows nothing of the sort. If you know me at all you know I wear these worn and tattered clarks most everyday. I decide to revamp the wardrobe, spice it up a little. With the original fashion QUEEN by my side, aka my mom. I hit the mall. I tried on countless dresses, shirts, skirts, pants all of which my sweet mother (whom is nothing like the critics on what not to wear) said they all looked beautiful, even with the extra 5 lbs around my abdomen. At the end of the day I walked out with 5 dresses,, three of which were black... what can I say, its slimming. I hung those black dresses in my closest and thought, you know theres nothing wrong with just being me, dull wardrobe and all... besides its not like I am on what not to wear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment