Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Rich in love
"Are we rich mommy" my 3 year old ask me yesterday. Before immediately saying NO WAY, I thought on this one for a moment. I ask him what being rich means to which he replied, "you can buy stuff at target when your rich." Well in that case we seem rich, I mean we do frequent the place.... spending entirely too much money on useless items such as that cant live without it plastic cup and plate set from the dollar bin. Which by the way as it turns out is $2.50. I thought to myself,, how do I handle this question, I mean we are not poor but we are not cruising on a private jet either. "We are rich in love baby" I responded. We have our family, we do fun things like enjoy the sunshine, play outside, eat with friends, go to church, on and on. As we sat there in the minivan I found myself smiling as I had responded with grace and poise to the question. Then my lovely little boy said to me, "but I wanted a toy, not love." nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment