Thursday, July 1, 2010
yup, I am a stay at home mommy.
Its been quite some time since I have had a moment to actually gather my thoughts and get them all out, two boys are really no joke. As soon as I finish changing a diaper the other is asking for milk. Elijah closely resembles the mouse in the book "If you give a Mouse A Cookie." One thing always leads to another until I find myself in my mini van racing to the closest Harris Teeter to replenish the danimal crush cup supply,,. Which now that its in writing before me might explain his bad and demanding behaviors... oh well at least hes not whining. This also may be a possible explanation for my lack of tolerance for most every other human being and animal around me,, poor Roxy its not her fault yet she gets the "GO AWAY!!" most every time she appears head down before me in hopes of a pat or dogie treat. I never knew having two small children would be so tiring,,I am talking an entire pot of coffee each morning. I have NO idea how women do this and work a full time job, these kids are a full time job. I left behind my position as a pediatric RN to stay with my own little darlings yet have found myself on the phone with the triage nurse asking what to do. This usually gets a laugh from the entire Apex Peds office staff as I always know the answer.... reassurance is golden though. Now with Elijah at 4 years old and Jude at 6months I am somewhat settling into a routine and that- as most moms know is absolutely key to the functioning of family.. heaven forbid we stay up past 8pm otherwise the entire next 2 days are down the toilet with the Charmin I used to wipe my 4year olds tears with. So what does a stay at home mommy of two wild men do all day? We play, and talk incessantly , and play, and cry, and play, and laugh, and play some more. It may not sound appealing to all those who have no children or who value moments of silence but around here its the reason we wake each day. To see these two little men learning and growing ,even when it feels as if bedtime will never arrive or when I walk into the kitchen to see E man batting potatoes with a squash. Its what makes our lives rich with joy. This stay at home mommy gig is trying and at times I want to pick up the phone and call Ms. Cheryl D. and beg for my job back but then I hear a 4year old say "your a beautiful mommy." and there is no question this is my place in life- right here in the sandbox in our backyard. Hugs to my sweet boys whom my heart will forever belong to... Now to go wash the sand out of my hair,,, thank you sweet Elijah B.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment