Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Facebook

I recently took a "break" from technology. A couple of things triggered my decision to release myself from the time draining entertainment that has become almost mandatory for our existence. Facebook,,, I have a love hate relationship with facebook. Its great to keep up with my friends that I maybe wouldn't otherwise speak with frequently its packed full of revealing pictures and the words of friends that give a little insight into their world. SO, is that a good or bad thing... after two months of no emailing and facebooking I say its mostly OK, not good just OK. I found that sometimes I would log on only to browse through the latest happenings and having feelings of jealousy or even hurt. Is that ridiculous? of course. What you may ask could possibly make me jealous on facebook? someones 5 bedroom 2 car garage that they conveniently just happened to be standing in front of for a candid photo or the opps I photographed my BMW 15 times or the one I am most guilty of myself.... Look at me I have 2 kids and I am not 189 pounds over weight in fact ohhhh opps I am in my swimsuit while holding my little treasures. But hey the picture is of them not me,,, right?!? Nope none of that-the materialistic - look at what I have accomplished things cause me grief I actually participate in that. Its the posts of events, birthday party's that I couldn't make it to, baby showers that I am too far away to travel to, reunions that I was for whatever reason unable to attend. So there I am scanning the pictures of fun happy times the bright smiles of my beloved friends and I am here looking at them on the computer screen rather that being a part of the actual event.... this is where my anguish came from an achey feeling in my stomach that said wow that looks like so much fun I wish I could have that too. Is that silly,,, sure it is I'm 31 years old but what the hell, I am on facebook after all, that isn't exactly the ultimate demonstration of maturity now is it? Mature or not lets just be honest, its fun, its good cheap fun. Not to mention that my best friend Michaela was going to kill me if I didn't look at her sweet adorable children which leads me to another thought,, off topic but you know how your own kids are hands down the most beautiful children on planet earth? Well Michaela's are as cute as my own! That's how stinkin cute they are. So here I am blogging again filling the world wide web with my stories as if I am an accomplished author, giving the people that care to read a little piece of my life sometimes trivial sometimes meaningful. Either way I know that true friendship is not via Internet be that by email or even facebook its a phone call, a hand written note, a special trip to the mountains to meet up with an old friend, a lunch date at the park, a deep conversation during a run on the tobacco trail, a cheers by the campfire. These are the things that I experience- some documented with pictures and some documented the old fashion way, a memory etched in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment